Every paper submitted for publishing in “Samara Journal of Science” is to be reviewed. Reviewing is anonymous and explicitly external/independent.
Within one day after the paper submission the journal executive secretary forwards the paper to the Deputy Editor to appoint reviewers from the number of PhD specialists in the respective field of science. The Deputy Editor checks carefully that the author and the reviewer do not belong to the same organization. The members of the Journal Editorial Board can be reviewers as well in case they are not affiliated with the institution the author belongs to.
The reviewing process takes up to three weeks. Upon completion the reviewer e-mails his/her comments to the executive secretary who in turn forwards it to the author.
The reviewer can recommend the paper:
- to be accepted for publication;
- to be resubmitted with changes;
- to be rejected.
If the paper is recommended to be resubmitted, or to be rejected, the reviewer provides his/her reasons.
Upon receiving the corrected paper from the author the executive secretary forwards the manuscript to the same reviewer for another review.
In case the material is declined, the executive secretary e-mails the review to the author and points out the possibility of another reviewing at the author’s consent. In case the paper is rejected for the second time, the executive secretary e-mails the review to the author. The paper can not be reviewed more than two times. After reviewing the paper is exposed to technical editing. The technical editor can reject the paper and send it back to the author to meet all formal and technical requirements. The paper can be rejected by the Editor-in-Chief/ Deputy editor in case of conflict of interests, or violation of ethics.
Most common reasons for rejecting the paper:
- the structure does not meet the requirements;
- the paper is not detailed enough for readers to fully understand the author’s analysis;
- the paper has no scientific novelty;
- the paper lacks relevant references;
- the paper contains theories, concepts or conclusions that are not properly substantiated by necessary data, argumentations or information;
- the paper does not provide detailed description of methods and materials, which would allow other researchers to repeat the experiment;
- the paper lacks clear description or explanation of verifiable hypotheses, details, and stages of experiments, examples of statistical or experimental samples;
- the paper gives poor description of conducted experiments, or contains errors and mistakes, or does not include statistical analysis;
- the language does not meet the requirements of a scientific paper;
- the paper contains unsubstantiated criticism towards the existing fundamental propositions, generally accepted theories and facts;
- the paper has a distinct political character, and contains statements and appeals which do not conform to generally accepted norms.
IF YOUR PAPER IS RECOMMENDED FOR RESUBMISSION:
- consider all the points that the editor and the reviewer have commented on;
- list all the corrections made in your cover letter;
- carry out all additional experiments or analyses recommended by the reviewer (if you are sure that those changes will not make your paper better, please prove your opinion in detail);
- list all the reviewer’s comments you agree with, and those you disagree with in the cover letter;
- provide scientific substantiation of all the comments you do not agree with;
- highlight all corrections and changes you made in your paper;
- send the edited manuscript together with your cover letter back to the executive secretary.
Please, do not choose another journal for your publication, unless either of the following happened
- the editor informed that the subject matter of your paper did not fit the journal field
- your paper was rejected even after you made all the corrections and followed recommendation of the reviewer;
- your paper was rejected by two reviewers or the editor;
- the process of manuscript consideration takes much more time than the standard procedure, and the editors can not speed it up. In this case, it is very important that you notify the editors of your decision to publish your paper in another journal.
Publication of a paper is a complicated process, and you are expected to be ready to work on your paper considering all reviewers’ and editors’ comments and making necessary changes to your manuscript.
Если сложить друг на друга все книги библиотеки Университета, то получится стопка книг высотой в 30 километров, что в 3,5 раза выше самой высокой в мире горы Эвереста!
Научные исследования – это важнейшее направление деятельности Самарского государственного социально-педагогического университета, и в нашем учебном заведении для получения студентами ценных знаний и навыков созданы идеальные условия. В СГСПУ наука действительно занимает первостепенное положение, свои научные школы у нас работают уже несколько десятилетий.
В учебный фонд Университета входят хорошо оснащенные лаборатории и компьютерные классы, прекрасная библиотека, оборудование для проведения исследований и многое другое.
Настоящим кладезем полезной информации для будущих ученых и исследователей являются научные конференции и круглые столы, ежегодно проводимые в нашем заведении. Преподаватели, аспиранты и студенты СГСПУ проходят стажировки в зарубежных вузах, участвуют в грантовых программах, организованных государственными и негосударственными фондами.
МЫ В СОЦИАЛЬНЫХ СЕТЯХ